Westminster- On Saturday, November 3rd, 2018 from 11am-4pm MAGIC will host its sixth Capture the Flag (CTF) competition. This event is an ethical hacking cybersecurity competition for entry-level participants at the high school and college level. No prior experience is required and the event is free for participants. Registration will close at noon on Wednesday, October 31st. To register, visit MAGIC’s website: http://www.magicinc.org.
MAGIC expects over 100 students from around the globe to compete in the CTF on Saturday. Students will work on teams to solve a series of cybersecurity puzzles set up in a “jeopardy” style format. Participants from previous CTF events have created new puzzles and a new scoreboard. The CTF will be live streamed from the main arena located at the Community Media Center of Carroll County in Westminster, MD. In addition to the main arena, teams will play at the following 10 host locations:
- Appalachian State University, Boone, NC
- Fayetteville State University, Fayetteville, NC
- Frederick County Public Library, C. Burr Artz Public Library, Frederick, MD
- Harford County Library, Bel Air Branch, Bel Air, MD
- Paide Riigigümnaasium, Paide, Estonia
- Saint Dominic School, Quito, Ecuador
- St. Mary’s County Library, Lexington Park Library, Lexington Park, MD
- Ting Internet, Sandpoint, ID
- University of North Carolina at Greensboro, Greensboro, NC
- Washington County Free Library, Hagerstown, MD
This event would not be possible if without the support of our sponsors and partners. MAGIC’s sixth CTF sponsors include: Carroll Community College, Carroll Hospital Center, Carroll County Chamber of Commerce, Barnes Bollinger Insurance Services, Ting, Yesdi, and the City of Westminster. The Carroll Technology Council, the Carroll County Public Library and System Source are also key partners in helping to make this event possible.
To register or form more information visit MAGIC’S website, https://magicinc.org/our-
MAGIC (the Mid-Atlantic Gigabit Innovation Collaboratory) is a non-profit organization headquartered in Westminster, MD. MAGIC’s mission is to build a tech ecosystem that creates and nurtures talent, entrepreneurship, and tech businesses, elevating the Westminster gigabit community to lead the Mid-Atlantic region. The City of Westminster provides key financial support to MAGIC. For additional information about MAGIC, contact Amy Rupp, 443-759-0480, arupp@magicinc.